Monday, November 2, 2009

after a while, you're running out of the forest again.

2 days into the novel and it's going...

well.

So well, that I'm a little scared. I've done twelve thousand words in two days, which is far above my average. I wrote three and a half thousand of them today, meaning it's not just a first day burst (one of the fun secrets of nanowrimo is that you get two first days. You get the one after it just turns midnight, and the one the next morning when you wake up).

The plot is holding together. The only character in danger of changing at the moment is the Captain, who may not be as much of a bastard as he needs to be. In my head he looks just like the prosecutor from Law & Order UK, I'm not sure if that's a good or relevant thing.

At least half of what I've written is stuff I'm happy with, and the other half is stuff I can whip into shape.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Or optimistically cautious. One or the other, or the third, which you are.

Oh, and that thing about thousand word segments? Yeah, all but one of them has gone over. The longest is 2400 words.

No comments: